Posted: 7:14 am Friday, July 14th, 2017
“Billboard” has put out their annual ‘Music Moneymakers’ list, which ranks the 50 artists who raked in the most money last year. The estimates include stuff like music sales, streaming, ringtones, publishing royalties, and touring, which is where the big money comes from these days.
They only count U.S. sales and touring, so anyone who spent a lot of last year touring abroad won’t have that income added. Merchandise sales and sponsorships weren’t included either, because there wasn’t enough information available to make it consistent across the board.
Beyonce is a runaway #1, with an estimated net income of $62.1 million, and no one else was even close to that.
Meanwhile Guns N’ Roses have put in a hell of a year on the road, and now they’re reaping the big bucks to show for it!
Here are the Top 20 Music Moneymakers:
- Beyoncé, $62.1 million
- Guns N’ Roses, $42.3 million
- Bruce Springsteen, $42.2 million
- Drake, $37.3 million
- Adele, $37 million
- Coldplay, $32.3 million
- Justin Bieber, $30.5 million
- Luke Bryan, $27.3 million
- Kanye West, $26.1 million
- Kenny Chesney, $25.4 million
- Billy Joel, $23.6 million
- Rihanna, $22.3 million
- Twenty One Pilots, $21.1 million
- Carrie Underwood, $19.9 million
- Metallica, $18.5 million
- Paul McCartney, $17.7 million
- Future, $17 million
- Garth Brooks, $16.02 million
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra, $16.01 million
- Barbra Streisand, $15.8 million
(Hit up Billboard.com for the whole list, along with cool breakdowns of how each artist made their money.)